These are the most common words heard from Emmett these days, and although it applies to everything we do, the mornings are usually the most interesting. If I try to dress Emmett first thing, he usually gets upset and starts screaming and crying because I didn't let him do it by himself. He hasn't figured out how to get dressed yet, however, so on days when we have time and aren't in a rush (which is most of the time) I let him do his best and wait for him to ask for help. Sometimes he waddles quite uncomfortably around the house for a long time before he finally approaches me and asks, "Mom, would I help you?" which really means, "Mom, would you help me?" It is so amazing to watch him grow and experiment with his independence. It's an added plus when it's this entertaining too. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment