Last night I was extremely tired, but just couldn't manage to get comfortable enough to fall asleep. Casey was in the other room reading, and I was just lying there in the dark thinking about how important it was to fall asleep so I could get some rest before my church meetings in the morning. And then I felt a little tap, and another little bump. I put my hand on my belly and spent about fifteen minutes just waiting quietly for those periodic taps and bumps. I've felt faint little "swishes" before, but this was the first time I've felt the baby's movements so strongly. Casey came in the room and we both lay in bed with our hands on my stomach, waiting for that next little kick. He couldn't feel much of course, but I think he felt a soft little bump once or twice. When I woke up this morning, I felt one or two more kicks... small reminders that there's a tiny somebody in there. Casey is positive that if he presses his head to my stomach and listens carefully he can hear the heartbeat. :)
This pregnancy business has been a lot tougher than I thought it would be, but feeling those little movements shoots me straight up to heaven. On Wednesday we find out if it's a boy or girl! I can't wait!
5 comments:
Yeah! I'm so excited for you. How is the name list coming along?
So worth it, huh? Keep remembering that ;) I'm so so excited for Wednesday!
There is nothing in the world like it. Enjoy!!
I love the first time you feel the baby move. So fun! Just remember that feeling, it will help get you through the rest :)
It's Wednesday! It's Wednesday! I'm just sitting here waiting.... =)
And also. Tavis quote? Favorite.
Post a Comment