I've always had a funny looking belly button. It's not an "innie" but it's not an "outie". I've always just called it a "flattie".
At 14 weeks pregnant, my stomach is starting to get a little round... enough to just make me look kind of pudgy in the middle and tighten my pants a bit beyond what's comfortable. I don't mind looking like I've been eating a few too many donuts-- I like donuts-- or at least I used too. What alarms me is that at only 14 weeks my belly button has ceased to be a "flatie" and is now most definitely an "outie".
When I was at BYU I remember walking through the JFSB and seeing a girl with a very big pregnant belly, probably ready to deliver any day. The big belly was cute, but her belly button scared me half to death. This is BYU, so of course she was dressed modestly, but you could still see her HUGE belly button pushing her shirt out about two inches! All I could think of was, "Oh my gosh... someday, that could be my belly button!" I have worried about belly buttons and pregnancy ever since.
And now that my belly button has already popped out at only 14 weeks, I acknowledge that yes, I am probably going to look very, very silly in a few months. Sigh. Poor belly button.
Oh well!
4 comments:
Hahaha. I'm sure it will just be a little outie that people will look at and say "oh so cute". You'll make the cutest pregnant lady ever. Sorry we didn't get together over the break. My parents are leaving on another mission next week and we just got really busy spending time with them before they go. I hope your break was nice and we'll have to have you guys over for dinner one of these weekends.
I think the popped outies are cute on pregnant women. What I don't like now is the humongous innie I now have that could fit two of my previous belly buttons in. Ahh the joys of pregnancy no one ever tells you until you find out on your own ;)
I, too, live with this fear. Haunting, really.
Well honey, since you've never had a cavernous crater of a belly button, it won't have that much room to expand now will it? It's gonna look like a bump and not a finger pointing at whatever might be in front of you.
Post a Comment