Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh no...

So remember how I was going to have a class limit of 25 students? Remember how I was also supposed to have a fulltime teacher's aide? Remember how my classes were supposed to be leveled? Remember how the reading teacher at the school before me had all those benefits... along with 20 years of teaching experience?

But of course there's the budget cut.

My largest class is back up to 36 students. I have no aide. 8th and 9th graders who read at a third grade level are not always known for being especially cooperative in class, but they're going to put thirty-six of them together and then stick them in with the teacher who's only in her second year of teaching and has NO READING ENDORSEMENT and NO CLUE what she is doing. My classes are not leveled in any way, and did I mention that they might take away my preparation period? Huh.

There are no words for the kind of terror I feel over what is waiting for me at the end of August...

4 comments:

Sarah Oman said...

Oh no!!! Good luck, if anyone can do it you can Lisa!

Carolyn said...

That picture is scaring me.

Debbie said...

Fight for that prep period! Fight fight FIGHT!!!

Cec said...

They technically can't take your prep. Just tell them that with the load you have, and being a second year teacher, you can't do that. Believe me, the money isn't worth it!