Friday, July 3, 2009

Cherry Pickin'

Today was a magical day in which Lisa, Neal, Debbie, and I went to the mystical land of Payson to pick some very ripe and delicious cherries for $.79 a lb. The orchard was full of bings and rainiers so we started up the trees and/or ladders and away we went. Of course, we wouldn't bother to blog about it unless we got some excellent footage.


Lisa decided to forgo her duties as a loving aunt and instead decided to take on a reporter's role by documenting Kyra's exposure to the West Nile virus. You'll notice the mosquito in the two above pictures as well. If you still can't tell what it is even in the close-up, click on the picture to see it even better.
After underestimating our cherry weight, we returned home with 32 lbs that we will split between the two families. It makes us sound kinda fat when I think that's about 8 lbs per person. (I am leaving Kyra out since I doubt her parents want her eating too many cherries while she's potty training.)

Speaking of potty training, Kyra decided to show off her new skills at our house by saddling up on the kiddie-commode. Lisa's bear obviously didn't know how to use the potty, but thanks to Kyra, is now quite deft.



No comments: