Monday, August 12, 2013

The 24th of July

For the 24th of July we sent Emmett and Bethany over to a friend's house and finally finished painting the downstairs family room! (We really know how to party, don't we?) Before we started, Casey made me promise to wait until next summer to paint the bedrooms and bathrooms. Since I'm kind of sick of painting as well, it wasn't hard to agree that the rest can wait!

I didn't take any "before" photos until we'd already started the work, but this will give you a fairly good comparison still.

And here is our finished piece of work, painted gray to match the rest of the house! Doesn't it look a hundred times better?! I think the new paint makes it feel bigger, brighter, and cleaner.

That night after Bethany went to bed, we set off some very small fireworks in the cul-de-sac. Emmett loved it!




One of our neighbors, Mckenna, came to join us for our firework display. She made sure to let us know that our whimpy fireworks are definitely not impressive, but she stuck around until they were gone. 6-year-olds are much harder to impress than 3-year-olds I guess.
 
We tried to do sparklers, but they were kind of duds. Still, it was a good day!

No comments: