Saturday, June 22, 2013

Emmett Quotes

E: (looking in the pantry) Mommy, is that the ice cream cones?
L: Yep.
E: Can we eat some?
L: No, we're waiting for Dad to come home.
E: I know! Let's pretend Dad's home!

At the dinner table:
E: Um, Mom, are you talking to Daddy?
L: Yes, I am.
E: Um, well, can you stop?
L: No. I like talking to Dad.
E: Well, you should just talk to me.
L: What would you like to talk about?
E: Well... um, Mom?
L: Yes, Emmett?
E: I love you, Mom.

Regarding dinner: "Is it enough of good for you?"

"Hey, Mom! Can you tell Bethany I think I am so handsome?"

"Bees do make honey...(stops and thinks)...because Mom doesn't make it!"

Pulling out all the tupperware from the cupboards and throwing them on the floor: 
"These are my best dishes, Mommy!"

"Mommy! Do you see that birdie?! He says, 'Come 'ere Emmett-boy! Gimme a kiss!"

Putting Emmett down for his nap and he's crying
L: Goodnight honey (kiss) I love you. 
E: No you don't. You don't love me!

E: (Pointing) Mommy, is that your bum?
L: Yes...
E: It's really BIG!

E: Can I have more treat?
L: No. 
(repeat 10x )
E: You're making me really frustrating, Mommy.

E: Mom, are you a woman?
L: Yep. 
E: Well, I'm just a pretend woman.

E: I'm so scared. 
L: What are you scared of?
E: You.

I'm talking on the phone with Casey:
E: Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!
L: Emmett, I'm talking on the phone, you need to wait. 
E: MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY!
L: (Hanging up the phone) What?!
E: (blank stare)
L: What do you need?
E: What do I need, Mom?

E: Do I love you when you're fat, Mom?
L: Umm...
E: I do love you when you're fat! But, I don't love the fat, Mom. 
(Disclaimer: I believe that Emmett revised this from a common question and answer we repeat around our house where Emmett asks me if I love him when he's screaming, and I tell him that I do love him when he's screaming, but I don't love the screaming. I think he must have overheard me complaining to Casey one too many times about the development of my love handles...)

"Ooo! Ooo! I have a good idea! Let's _____ (eat cake, have a treat, go to the park, stay up late, go outside, etc)! 

L: What do you want for breakfast? 
E: Well, I just ate food last night, so I don't need to eat right now. I just need to play with some cars. 

At bedtime: 
"I will sing, and you and Daddy will cuddle."

"I'm really big and strong and brave, but I'm still little, so you need to hold my hand."
 

WARNING: The following quotes are rated "X" for humorous statements made by an innocent child regarding private areas of the body. Read at your own peril, or skip all together. 

"I'm drawing a picture of Emmett blowing bubbles. There's his hands, and his nose, and his p--s! Do you see Emmett's p--s, Mommy? Can you say, 'Oh, that's a really nice p--s'?" 


Standing at the top of the stairs with no pants or underwear, calling down to me:
"Hey Mom! Do you see my p--s?! (wiggles his hips)

"Dad, we have a p--s, 'cause we're boys. But Mom's a girl. She doesn't have a p--s, she only has a bum."

No comments: