Monday, February 25, 2013

Best Buddies

Emmett is becoming very involved with taking care of Bethany. He loves to sit next to her in the "bumbo" chair while she plays in her bouncer, or sit next to her on his own boppy, invite her to sit in his lap to read stories, and even give shoulder rides (with Mom's help). He's great at throwing away stinky diapers, bringing me burp rags, giving kisses, trying to get her to talk, and cheering for her when she does something new. But what he really loves most is trying to make Bethany laugh!

A common sight at our house. :)

  The other day, I left the two of them in the hallway for a moment while I put some clothes away. When I came back, this is what I found them doing:




But really, everybody loves to make Bethany laugh! Daddy is the best though. He's the one who really gets her to belly laugh!




And Emmett is getting smarter by the day of course. He doesn't even need to sing the song to remember all his ABCs and is working diligently on figuring out what each letter "says" and "reading" every piece of print he can find around the house.




Bethany is getting bigger and changing every day! Tomorrow she will be 8 months old! I just can't believe it! I'm not sure what she weighs but she has started to get noticeably chunkier now that she is eating solids. Bethany rules our house as our silly little drama queen. She's been sick lately with a cold and, the way she shrieks when we wipe her nose, you'd think we were trying to murder her. Really. She can "baby swear" with the best of 'em!

Even with a runny nose, she's still cute as can be!

No comments: