Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lisa's 30th Birthday

Well, it actually happened-- I turned 30! Pretty crazy, huh?

For my big day I got the three best presents ever: a beautiful (and expensive) new baby, a wonderful home, and my good health. I could never ask for or want anything better than that. To celebrate we took the kids on a little hike in the mountains. It was great exercise for me and a lot of fun for the little people. It's amazing to me that three months ago, doing something like this was only a dream to me. I am so grateful for the blessings we have received and that I can get up and be active again. I still am not back at full strength and I was huffing and puffing on my way up the mountain, feeling like quite the old lady. It is exciting to me, however, that with each day that passes I am always getting stronger. The human body is miraculous that it can undergo some pretty traumatic events and still bounce right back! Long story short, we've never been happier!





4 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy birthday! I love you!

Steve Gasser said...

There are a lot of candles on that cake! Yikes, I just realized that I have more than double the number!

Happy Birthday Lisa! We are so happy for you and your family!

Carolyn said...

So, which was more expensive though, the baby or the house :)

Happy birthday!

Candice said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice birthday!