Saturday, June 9, 2012

Emmett and Casey go to Kentucky

Once upon a time last fall, we made plans for the three of us to take a trip to Kentucky and visit all of Casey's extended family. We put our heads together with Casey's parents and most of his brothers and sisters and figured out the best dates for everyone to make the trip together. When we found out that I was pregnant we knew that I would probably be having complications by the time April rolled around and so we only bought tickets for Casey and Emmett to go, and I stayed with Aunt Bev where she took care of me at her house. Even though I was disappointed that I couldn't go with them, I was so glad they had the chance to go together. Here's a bunch of photos from their trip.


At the airport waiting for their connecting flight. As Casey tells it, Emmett was a champ. 


Emmett sharing his sippy with his uncle Jonsey (Casey's brother) and aunt Kristy (Casey's older half sister).


Kristy's two children, Ryan and Shelby. Casey hadn't seen them in over 10 years! 


 Playing in the backyard with his cousins, Gavin and Miles.


Everyone took a trip together to the Louisville Zoo.


 Emmett was so excited to see all the animals! 

The only time they could convince Emmett to sit in the stroller was for pictures at the beginning of the day, the rest of the time he insisted on walking/running everywhere on his own. Here he is with his cousins Gavin, Miles, and Penny.
Papa, Hara, Ryan, and Shelby with the little kids.



 Emmett looking at the animals with his Papa Sledge.


 "Roaring" at the lions with Daddy.

Petting the goats.


Oh no! The pigeons got Kristy!


Good thing Papa was wearing his hat!


Shelby and Emmett became good friends.






"Is that the light? See the light?" Everyone who meets Emmett knows that he is obsessed with "THE LIGHT". :)






According to Casey, Emmett was not very impressed with the merry-go-round. I think it was hard for the little boy to stop running and sit still on anything for very long.












Papa and Hara with all their kids and grandkids (minus Katy and Cody). 




After a long day of fun, complete with skipped naps, Penny and Emmett crashed the moment they were buckled into the car. Don't they look cute?! :)

The family's next stop was Mee-Maw's house (Casey's dad's mom). Oh how I wish I could have been there to meet her!


Emmett loved playing in Mee-Maw's big backyard.



Gavin tried to teach Emmett how to blow bubbles, but it was harder than it looked!
Mee-Maw had no trouble winning Emmett over and becoming good buddies.



Hairy Uncle John (aka: Sasquatch) napping with cute cousin Penny. 
These are the photos Casey shows me to try to convince me to move to KY someday. It almost works, until the stories about snakes, giant bugs, humidity, and heat waves start.



Watching and dancing to his great uncles perform in their band. Now we know where Casey gets it. :) 

Emmett had a lot of fun, as you can see in this video. The sound didn't turn out that great on our camera, but everyone looks like they're having a great time!

Waiting outside the Mammoth Caves with a new little friend. The pictures taken inside were too dark to post. 



Doesn't our boy look handsome in his papa's hat? I'm going to have to find a small one for him. This picture just melts me! 

No comments: