Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Brief Catch-Up

So I'm writing this post in bed from my phone and if there are random words inserted that don't make sense, I'm blamimg the auto fill feature. This will be quite short. I just wanted everyone to know that we are alive and doing alright. I feel and look like a train wreck, but we're getting through it all right. My whole body rash has finally gone away and so I've been able to regain a bit of my sanity. Casey and I moved in with my aunt Vonnie and her family and they have been helping to take care of Emmett and I while Casey works. I have loved not being alone anymore and Emmett has been in heaven with all the animals to play with and space to run. I don't know how anyone could survive an experience like this author the support of such wonderful family and friends. I know we couldn't! On Wednesday we will be at 29 weeks! There was a time when everyone was doubtful we could even make it this fast and I am grateful that we have. I really feel good about our chances of hitting 34 weeks now...maybe even a little farther. Discovering my latex allergy was pretty much the best thing that has happened for me and I am doing much better since they switched the latex catheter for a silicone one. I do have a lot of contractions, but although uncomfortable they are not productive so far. The doctor said he expects as much since bladder irritation creates uterus irritation. Little Bethany is doing what she's supposed to do, growing bigger and kicking harder. Her movements frequently hurt me, which is sad because feeling the baby move can be such a fulfilling part of pregnancy. All in all things are going about as well as can be expected. I've been in bed for 12 weeks now. I miss being myself and being a mother and wife. But we have made it this far and we can make it a little farther yet. Thanks for all your support and encouragement. We're going to get a healthy little girl here in spite of all the challenges! :)

1 comment:

JamesnMeagan said...

Lisa you are amazing! In no time you will have that beautiful and perfect baby girl in your arms. Let us know if you need anything.