Monday, March 19, 2012

12 Weeks To Go

It's been just over a month since we had the surgery to put the catheter in. We have three more to go!

Sometimes that feels just a bit overwhelming, but if we break it into chunks it will be much easier to handle. For example, I only have to wait 2 more weeks and then MOM will come and make everything better for an entire week!

Once Mom leaves, well, that'll only leave us with 9 weeks to go. And a week after my mom goes home, Casey and Emmett will spend a week in Kentucky visiting family on the Sledge side.

Once they return it will mean 7 more weeks. Two weeks later, Casey will go on a business trip. When he returns we will only have 5 more weeks.

Those last 5 weeks might get kind of long, but still, when it's broken into segments, things seem much better.

Lately I've been getting a lot of Braxton Hick's contractions. I don't remember them starting this early last time, but then again I probably wasn't aware of what they were or how to recognize them the first time through pregnancy. Also, I had more things to do each day and probably kept too busy to really notice them much.

So I have a moral dilemma. Before I quit teaching I gave extra credit to all of my students who tried out for the school play. There was a descent number of them. We'd done a lot of reader's theater and I thought it would be great to get them out participating and performing for the school. When I left, I promised that I would come back and see their play.

The play is on the 27-28th of March and I really want to go. I'd like to keep my promise and I know it would mean a lot to some of them if I would show up. Plus, I'd like to get out of the house and see some teacher friends and say hello to some of the students that I miss (yes, there are a few of them).

I manage to get to my doctor's appointments, so surely I could get to the school and make it to a seat in the auditorium. Right? And I know I would hurt substantially after an endeavor like this, but I could bring my lortab along. And quite honestly, the emotional benefits of getting out of the house and being among friends could outweigh the physical misery. Maybe.

I suppose it will come down to the way I am feeling that day. I have good days and bad days, okay days and better days. It's hard to predict. But I really hope I can get there.