Just announcing our latest grand achievement- last night we signed a contract for an apartment! Wahoo!
It's beautiful. It's a small basement apartment located in a quiet neighborhood in South Provo. Our landlords, Dwayne and Maria, are very kind people who live upstairs. They have a son on a mission, a daughter entering her first year of college and a 16-year-old and 9-year-old still at home. Dwayne is a high counselman in his stake and Maria is the ward primary president. Their house is cute with a small porch lined (somewhat messily) with tulips and a nice lawn in the front. As for the apartment itself, here is a list of my favorite features:
Large kitchen with marble countertops
Lots of extra storage space
A private washer and dryer inside our apartment
Shelves above the washer and drying to hold our laundry soap and dryer sheets
A large, full sized bathroom
Large windows with window wells let LOTS of natural light into the apartment
New, plush carpet (I wanted to take my shoes and socks off when we were touring)
A large bedroom
A walk-in closet (which also has additional shelves for storage)
Radiant heating that comes up from the floor in the winters.
And best of all, the price: $550/month INCLUDING utilities!
All I know is that the Lord must really love us to help us find such a beautiful and comfortable apartment. I'm so grateful to know that I will not be coming home to a dump every day after school and that we will be comfortable and happy in a bright, cheerful, clean little home of our own. I'm so grateful for His help. Casey will move in on May 2nd, and I will join him on June 14th. :)
Now all we need is for Casey to nail his job interview tomorrow...
1 comment:
congrats on finding a home! That is one stress out of the way. You have a place to live, nothing else matters! Maybe...
Post a Comment