Monday, February 25, 2008

Valentine's Day

Okay, so this post is coming a little late! Sorry! I've been pretty swamped lately with more school projects than I know how to handle, a demanding calling, work, and of course, a boy who takes up what little free time I might have. Honestly, sometimes I think this has been the busiest semester of my life... but then I look back and remember what it felt like to work two jobs last year at this time in addition to being a full time student and I feel like maybe it isn't so busy after all. Maybe.

Anyway, because my schedule is a little hectic, Casey and I split our Valentine's Day into two days instead of one. I got him a free guitar lesson with my professor at school and he got me an autographed photo of my favorite actress- Emma Thompson! I was actually so excited that I was speechless for at least a minute. What a sweet guy.

Then on Thursday night we got together for a late dinner- it was 10pm when we finally had our first few moments of free time. Casey made shrimp scampi and it was so delicious! We also had a salad and some crab legs (Dad, I thought of you).

Anyways, here are a couple of pictures from our dinner. I don't know why I look scared in my picture. Maybe I was just trying too hard to appear excited... that shrimp was absolutely delicious!




Shortly after we finished our dinner I noticed that my skin was beginning to feel a little sensitive and my lungs were becoming somewhat ticklish. The next morning when I woke up I was absolutely sick as can be. My whole body was aching, my throat was swollen, and I could hardly talk anymore. I couldn't speak at all on Saturday and it wasn't until Tuesday morning that I finally felt like I had all of my energy back again. Casey came over and took care of me the whole time I was sick, and when it got so bad I couldn't talk, he just let me sleep on the couch and watched movies with me. He brought me soup and medicine... no one (except for Mom of course) has ever taken care of me so well, and a part of me felt really silly about being waited on like I was. It must have been incredibly boring for him since I know first hand that I wasn't very good company. I checked my weight a few days ago when my visiting teachers said I looked too thin and pale (I love the honesty of some of our sisters in the ward) and I actually lost 9.5lbs during the four days I was sick. That makes me feel a little more justified in having spent so much time just lying around and being pathetic. Casey caught it too, but fortunately he only got a mild cough and he's pretty much over it now. On the other hand, one of my students in the Dreamweaver class I taught today complained that it was irresponsible and inconsiderate for me to be working while I still have such a bad cough. I feel wonderful, it's just that I still can't seem to get more than a few sentences out at a time before I begin to cough again. However, after feeling as badly as I did a week ago, I'm not in the mood to complain! If only my students could appreciate the difference as well as I do! Besides, I can't afford to miss work for two weeks while I wait for a cough to disappear, especially when I feel just fine in every other way. My only fear is what waits for me tomorrow when I attempt to spend 4 hours teaching 7th graders about combining sentences...

If they misbehave, I'll just threaten to cough on them.

2 comments:

Steve Gasser said...

The shrimp looks terrific!

Candice said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me you were dating someone! (We definately need to e-mail each other once in a blue moon.) Congratulations!