Monday, June 9, 2014

Our First Camping Trip With Kids!

Aunt Bev invited us to go camping at Payson Lake last Thursday. Casey had to work, but Bethany, Emmett, and I joined them for the night. After our disaster staying at the cabin at Bear Lake last year, I was nervous about what Bethany would do in a tent all night. She was so exhausted at the end of the day on Thursday that she snuggled right into bed and slept through the night without any trouble! Emmett did extremely well also and we are so excited about our success that we just can't wait to go camping again this summer!

Nathan and Emily came with their family as well. Their little kids are so cute and sweet and quickly became friends with Emmett and Bethany.

There was a small little stream by Bev's campsite that the kids loved playing in. Here's Olivia, Emmett, and Austin having fun together.

We placed a board across the stream as a bridge to try and help the kids keep their feet dry.

Emmett insisted on cooking his own hotdogs. They were so covered with ash in the end that it was hard to tell when they were done...

Emmett, Austin, Olivia, and Bethany enjoying smores. If you expand the photo, you can easily see that not only is Emmett's left eye not turning, it is also beginning to shoot downward when he tries to look to the left. We'll be bumping up Emmett's next eye doctor appointment so it is sooner rather than later.

Bethany LOVED her first roasted marshmellow. She got it all over her hair and did a little song and dance for everyone while she ate it.

As it got later, Emmett and Austin enjoyed cuddles before bed with "Grandma" Bev.

Feeling cheerful in the morning, waiting for hot chocolate.

Enjoying the fire together in the morning. I couldn't believe that Bethany made it through the entire night in the tent without screaming (more than usual). It was a fantastic breakthrough!

After two cups of hot chocolate, Bethany felt pretty content.

Bethany went down to the stream to play by the water. She tried to pick up a stick, lost her balance, and face planted in the mud. Her entire face was dripping with black mud. I hurried and gave her face a swipe with a cloth and then we all started laughing hysterically at the poor muddy girl. I grabbed my camera, and Bethany did her best to say "cheese" for the picture! :)

We finally got her cleaned up and then I took her back to the tent to get her changed.

Nathan and Emily brought a little kayak and I took each of the kids out on Payson Lake.

Being a big four-year-old, Emmett was anxious to help row the kayak.




We had a wonderful time! I can't wait to go with Casey too and have more adventures as a family.

No comments: