Monday, May 26, 2014

No More Preschool!

We started off the year going to Bravo Arts Academy, but then switched Emmett to Tiffany's Flower Box a month later because the price was $20/month less. Emmett loved going to school and loved his teachers.

I think, however, that next year we will be the only parents in the world not signing their 4 year-old up for preschool. Casey and I decided that Emmett already loves letters and number and what he needs more is to gain confidence playing/rough housing and physical coordination. We think it's especially important because of his eye condition, and we'd like to see him run and play and not be scared of falling down.

Instead of preschool, Emmett will take swimming lessons this summer and then in the fall he will start tumbling classes and playing soccer. Another little friend of his in our ward, Dax, will be on his same soccer team. Dax's dad is going to coach, and Casey volunteered to be the assistant coach, so we're very excited!

Hopefully we don't end up regretting not putting Emmett back in preschool, but our boy is already very good at sitting still and following instructions. Probably a little too good at it. I'd like to see him off having a few more adventures before school starts!

Emmett with Ms. Mary and Ms. Kim.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

You'll be fine not sending him to preschool. I didn't go and you know how wonderful I turned out :)