So this year we had Christmas at home with just the three of us. We didn't want to make a huge Christmas ham or turkey that we knew we could never finish so... we made Christmas cornish hens! I was very intimidated at first, but it was so fun for Casey and I to work together to cook and figure out the recipes while Emmett napped. And let me tell you, they turned out so delicious! We got a recipe for an
apricot glaze and
wild rice stuffing for the hens off of
allrecipes.com. I've never had such a yummy meal in my life. And to top it off, we made pumpkin pie(for me), cherry pie(for Casey), and an
eggnog custard pie (for both of us) that were all so delicious fresh out of the oven. Move over ham and turkey-- I think I sense a new Sledge family tradition!

3 comments:
One note we found useful for cooking the custard pie: Cook for at least 50 minutes. Also, eat it warm!
Looks really yummy!
Hmmm . . . that looks yummy!
Post a Comment