
Poor Casey. As my husband, he has to put up with so much. Each morning I asked, "How did you sleep last night?" And he responds, "Just fine," pause, "except you were really funny again." Oh no. And then he always tells me about how silly I was during the night.
I like to snuggle, and it's hard for me to go to sleep sometimes if I don't have my head resting on Casey's shoulder. I also occasionally drool in my sleep. It's not very lady-like, and I'm embarrassed to admit it, but it's true-- there seems to be a leak in the corner of my mouth whenever I sleep on my side. It is a sign of true love that Casey even allows me anywhere near his shoulder at night. In addition, I talk, moan, cry, and steal covers.
Example:
Last night I fell asleep on Casey's shoulder as usual, and apparently woke-up halfway and realized I was drooling again. I woke Casey up to announce that I was drooling, and then rolled to the other side. Two minutes later I was back on his shoulder. Eventually, Casey had enough and decided to push me off before it got to the point that he'd have to change his garment top (yes, it gets that bad sometimes). Whenever he moves me as I sleep, I have a tendancy to moan and cry, "Casey, stop. Why Casey, why?" Apparently, I'm pretty pathetic. Last night was worse than usual. When Casey told me, "You're drooling again and my shirt is all wet." I began to sob, "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Then I stole all the covers and went to sleep.
If this is entertaining to you, you'd also be amused by the time I shook Casey awake in the middle of the night to ask him if he was happy. It is also interesting that I occasionally give instructions to my students as I'm sleeping. The other day I mumbled out loud, "Ismael had better have his notes in by Wednesday. I mean it!" And the hilarious thing is that I really do mean it. Ismael only has one week before school ends to turn in his work or he will fail my class! And then of course there are the classic moments when I actually wake Casey up to ask if he's enjoying his dream and then ask if he would mind coming into mine so he can help me grade papers.
I don't think Casey has gotten a single uninterrupted nights sleep since we've been married. The poor man. I don't know how he puts up with me! I've married a saint.
3 comments:
Pah ha ha ha ha. Oh Lisa, I like you a lot. Huh. My husband only snores...and now I feel really lucky about that ;). You sound a lot more entertaining though :P
Yeah... last night Casey told me that I was mumbling something about a dead girl. Then I opened my eyes, looked right at him and said, "FIND HER!" Creepy, huh?
You guys are a funny couple!
Post a Comment