Friday, October 31, 2008

One year ago


Last Halloween, our BYU ward combined with another to have a Halloween party. I remember having a conversation with my roommates about dating before we left for the party, and how I expressed my frustration that nothing ever seemed to happen naturally and that the dating scene just seemed so forced. "The way it is supposed to work," I remember saying, "is that you go to a party, you hang out with some really fun guy, you become best friends, and months later you finally realize that you're in love with him and start to date."

So then at the party I found my friend Casey (who had been coming by my apartment quite frequently already), and we hung out and goofed off together all night. We even took this fake engagement photo. I mean, hey, it was totally harmless since we were just friends, right? Well, eventually we became best friends, started dating three months later, and by June we were married.

Wow. Who'da thought?

2 comments:

Steve Gasser said...

You make a great couple! Congrats on your "anniversary"!

Debbie said...

I seem to remember you were quite friendly with another party-goer that night, as well. I'm not saying you married the wrong guy or anything; I'm just feeling sorry for poor Hank. Somewhere a lonely plastic cowboy is pining away for you . . .