Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mrs. Sledge



So one of my excuses for not blogging anymore (like I've ever been very good at blogging regularly anyway) is because my life has been taken over by my teaching internship. I'm teaching 7th grade English at Diamond Fork Jr high and, while I love it, I have become totally enslaved to lesson planning, grading papers, and putting together my teacher work sample. My wonderful husband has been so supportive and patient with the odd hours that I work. He takes such good care of me and when I come home exhausted at night doesn't ever complain when I fall asleep in the middle of a conversation. During conference he and two of our good friends helped me grade papers and that saved me a tremendous amount of time. I'd been told that being a teacher is difficult and time consuming, but I just didn't realize how much so.

I will try to be better at keeping you updated on some of the funny, random things that happen throughout the school day. Working with 12-year-olds is actually a lot of fun. They are at a great age and are very squirrely and entertaining. Most days, I love what I do.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness I COMPLETELY understand everything you just wrote. All except the "I love it" part which I couldn't actually say until the year after the Internship. I "liked" it most days but I didn't "love" it at that point. I do now of course. I'm sure you are the greatest English teacher out there and it is the PERFECT job for you. I'm glad for the 7th Grader's sake that you didn't do nursing after all. ;) I know your life is insane right now, but if you get a chance write more, I'd love to read about your teaching adventures. GOOD LUCK!