My fish, Quincy, died this evening, sometime between 6:30pm and 10:00pm. He was a good fish and a faithful friend. Throughout the three and a half years we were together, he continually inspired me with life lessons. "Just keep swimming" was the moral code he lived by until the bitter end. When times were tough and the water grew murky or crowded with floaties, Quincy never quit swimming. Until tonight.
Casey and I held a special funeral for Quincy before sending him out to sea. Casey played Amazing Grace, and I said a few special words. If any of you would like to join us in honoring Quincy, please feel free to leave any special memories in the comments section of this post.
Good bye, Quincy... we will miss you.
2 comments:
What I will remember the most about Quincy is that...wait...never mind.
Mmmm . . . fish . . .
Post a Comment