Monday, May 26, 2008

Hello readers of Lisa's blog page. I am Casey Sledge and have invaded Lisa's heart and her blog. You faithful people who check up on Lisa by visiting here will now be subjected to this new guy who she's agreed to marry. I now begin my first post with a little help from my woman.

So being engaged is insane. It's thrilling because there are so many great things to look forward to, but about as fun as having an enema. All this planning, coordinating, and working out the details! Who knew it would be like this? So Lisa and I sat down and worked out an example conversation to remind those of you who are married to be grateful you'll never go through this again. 2 weeks and 5 days.

Lisa: Did you get the to-do list I emailed you this morning?

Casey: It's 6:00 am, why are you calling me?

Lisa: Oh, sorry. Well, since you're awake now why don't you go look at it anyway?

Casey: Ok, ok...wait who is this?

Lisa: Your ex-fiance. Wedding planning is stressing me out.

Casey: Oh right, I remember you. So, to-do list huh? What am I supposed to-do?

Lisa: Nothing really. This is all stuff that I have to do on my own. I just want you to feel sorry for me. Feeling sorry yet?

Casey: Oh I'm feeling sorry alright. Let's elope.

Lisa: We can't. It's customary to torture ourselves, family, friends, pets, neighbors, roommates, racial minorities, senior citizens, albinos, and horse-racing jockeys with the intricacies of our big day. If we all aren't miserable by time we actually tie the knot, we've done something wrong.

Casey: God bless America.

Lisa: Amen.

Casey: So you wanna go do something besides wedding planning this afternoon?

Lisa: Yes. Lets go to the park and feed alka seltzer to pigeons. Inflicting pain on the innocent significantly lowers my stress levels.

Casey: Ha! I knew I was innocent! And good grief woman, this new idea is more cruel than when you put toothpaste in those Preparation H tubes at the nursing home.

Lisa: C'mon. You know you thought that was funny.

Casey: Yeah, I've found my equal.

Lisa: Get the alka seltzer and lets go.

Casey: Do you think we can do this later... maybe at like, 9am instead of 6?

Lisa: Wait, what was that? I'm sorry I didn't hear you... my parents are calling on the other line. I'll call you right back!

Casey: *turns off phone*

2 comments:

Sarah Oman said...

Ya right! That totally isn't an example conversation. I bet it actually happened!

Annegirl said...

You were meant to be. =)