So it was recently announced that for the spring and summer terms my ward would be combining with another ward to create a larger unit with a more evenly distributed ratio of guys to girls.
When I got to church this morning, my roommate and I were attempting to be social and get to know some of the other girls that had arrived early, when Emily Jones (Nate Jones' wife) walked into the room! I couldn't figure out why she would be attending a single's ward and thought that maybe she just really missed some old roommates or something. I was quite surprised to find out that Nate was actually just called as the 2nd counselor in the ward we are combining with! I gave him a quick hug before church and he seemed to be a little scared that he was younger than most of the people in the ward! I had to laugh at that, but he will do a great job and I'm excited to see him each week at church. I just have one question now: Do I have to start calling him "Brother Jones"? Wierd.
I was also pleasantly surprised to see three other friends from my freshman year in the ward and yet another good friend from an English class I took last year. I am SO excited for the summer and to be back with so many of my old friends. We are going to have a TON of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment